I didn’t have the chance to use NEARPOD with my students yet, but after a comment on my previous post on IPAD apps. for teachers (https://languageteachingtips.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/some-handy-apps-for-using-ipad-or-ipod-in-learning-environments/) I decided to search for it. What I’ve found was impressive. The information that you will read on NEARPOD was taken from http://itunes.apple.com.
Nearpod: “Best Collaboration Solution – EdTech Digest Awards 2012”
Nearpod enables teachers to use their iPads to manage content on students’ devices. It combines presentation, engagement and real-time assessment tools into one integrated solution.
Before you start
Nearpod is a synchronous solution for the use of iPad and other iOS devices in education.
To try Nearpod, you will need one iPad running the Nearpod Teacher app, and at least one other iOS device (iPad, iPhone or iPod touch) running the Nearpod Student app.
All devices should be connected to the internet.
How it works
1. Create: Teachers login to new.nearpod.com to create multimedia presentations with interactive features such as quizzes, videos, polls, sketching tools, and more. They can also access featured presentations from certified publishers and fellow educators.
2. Engage: In the classroom, teachers use the Nearpod Teacher iPad app to share content with their students and manage the flow of the lecture. Students will use the Nearpod Student app on their iOS devices to receive curricular content, participate in activities and submit responses
3. Assess: Teachers can see students’ answers in real time on the Nearpod Teacher app.
To access post-session data, teachers can log in to new.nearpod.com and obtain detailed activity reports.
To start using Nearpod you need to download the Nearpod Teacher app and create a free account. Then you need to download the Nearpod Student app on each student device and you are ready to experience the magic of Nearpod.
By using the Nearpod Teacher app, educators will be able to:
– Open a Nearpod account
– Access complete, ready-to-use Nearpod presentations from recognized authors and publishers
– Share content with the class
– Have control over student devices
– Assess student participation in real time
– Monitor the level of attention within each class
– Receive results in real time and share them with the class
Hope you will like it 😉